And Guiding Principles
Through our Corporate Plan, and the Action Plans across our priority areas, the CEF delivers measurable outcomes across the following areas:
- Inclusion – people from diverse backgrounds are considered and included in the development of our policies and programs
- Empowerment – artists and cultural producers from diverse backgrounds and diversity-led arts organisations are appropriately supported to access our funding, programs, initiatives and services
- Access and Equity – our programs and processes are designed for accessibility and best use by a diverse demographic
- Artistic Excellence – our programs recognise diversity as a vital element of artistic excellence and pursue the cultural understanding and rigour to recognise this excellence
- Leadership – artists and cultural producers from diverse backgrounds and diversity-led arts organisations are supported as cultural leaders to create, and to empower others to create, great art and audience experiences.
Guiding principles of the CEF
- Diversity: respecting and interacting with cultural diversity makes the arts more relevant, dynamic, innovative and reflective of Australia today
- Dialogue: providing access to cultural resources strengthens the public voice
- Artistic excellence: drawing on our diversity of perspectives and practice will continue to lead to artistic work of the highest quality, vibrancy and skill
- Inclusiveness: exploring each other’s cultures through making art encourages mutual respect and social harmony
- Belonging: creating distinctive places through arts and cultural activities generates a sense of identity and shared ownership
- Community building: engaging with art builds and strengthens communities
- Identity: making art and engaging in cultural activities with diverse groups and communities produces art that is relevant to people’s lives.