Supporting Australia at the Venice Biennale
Australia’s representation within the Venice Biennale has been philanthropically supported by Australians (including Australians living overseas) since the early 1980s.
Through sponsorships and donations, individuals, families and organisations join a like-minded community of advocates and agents championing the bold and ambitious intentions of the Australian contemporary visual arts.
One of only 29 countries with a national presence in the official Giardini della Biennale of Venice, the bold Australian Pavilion opened in 2015, through a combination of support from both the Commonwealth Government and benevolent Australian donors and families.
In 2024, co-investment for Australia’s representation at the Venice Biennale is led by Chair of the Australia Council Board of Creative Australia, Robert Morgan as Chair of the Venice Biennale Ambassadors.
Robert is joined and supported by national Ambassadors Alexandra Dimos, Russell James OAM, Marie-Louise Theile, Alenka Tindale and Dr Terry Wu. We thank the Ambassadors for their brilliant sharing of knowledge and generous support of the 2024 exhibition.
Venice Biennale Supporters’ Tours 2024
Our ‘behind-the-scenes’ Supporters’ Tours provide unrivalled access to the Venice Biennale and the Australia Pavilion, led by Australian practitioners and local experts.
A four-day program will be offered to supporters during Vernissage to see not only Australia’s 2024 exhibition in the Australia Pavilion, but also experience a curated range of events around Venice.
Supporting the project
There are many ways to support Australia at the Venice Biennale. Whilst our approach is both personalised and bespoke, in response to the giving agenda of your philanthropic purpose or community strategy, the following is presented as a scope of the engagement levels on offer:
- Major Donor (from $200,000)
- Major Partner (from $100,000)
- Education Partner (from $75,000)
- Venice Visionary (from $50,000)
- Venice Patron ($25,000)
- Venice Companion ($10,000)
- Venice Supporters (from $5,000)
- Donation (all contributions welcome)
Tax deductions apply to donations, less non-deductible benefits received if participating in the Guided Vernissage Week.
Donations to the presentation of the 2024 exhibition can be directed as follows:
- Presentation costs: to galvanise the intent of the creative team and exhibition outputs (including publication of an exhibition catalogue)
- Audience engagement: include programming initiatives that engage Australians, international audiences, special interest groups including young people, next generation philanthropy, and people living with a disability
- Professional development: including invigilation and industry engagement programs.
- Donations from $2,500 provide access to attend the curated Vernissage Week supporter tour, presented in Venice to celebrate the collective achievements of the creative output of the exhibition. Supporters will be invited to donate to the exhibition (deductible tax receipt) and pay a registration fee to cover the hospitality and experiences they’ll enjoy in Venice and at the Venice Biennale 2024.