Auckland Writers Festival: First Nations Exchange
Travel and financial support for First Nations writers, editors, journalists, illustrators, and arts workers at all career levels, to attend in May 2023.
About the Opportunity
The Auckland Writers Festival is hosting a First Nations Literature Cultural Exchange as part of their 2023 program. We are inviting First Nations writers, poets, editors, illustrators, arts workers and journalists in the literature sector of all career levels to participate. This program is engaging with New Zealand and Canada which aims to enhance the cultural, artistic and market development of First Nations artists. The Australia Council will cover costs and arrange associated travel, accommodation, per diems and pay an additional $1000 fee to the successful applicants.
This fund is open to individuals and provides networking, professional development, co-creation, and cultural exchange opportunities for participants.
Who can apply?
- Open to Australian First Nations’ artists and arts workers living in Australia
- Disciplines include writers, poets, editors and illustrators and arts workers, journalist in the Literature sector.
Artistic and career outcome
The Panel will assess the potential of the artist/arts worker. They may consider the following:
- how attending the Auckland Writers Festival will benefit and strengthen your practice and career development, including any anticipated outcomes from attending the festival.
- quality of work previously produced.
- demonstrated ability, skills and creative thinking.
Impact on career
The Panel will assess the impact that this opportunity will have on your career. They may consider the following:
- capacity to strengthen skills and abilities of artists/arts worker relevance of your attendance
Applications will be considered by the Australia Council in consultation with First Nations Industry Advisors.
- brief biographical information and headshot
- proof of valid passport
- Letters of support(if applicable)
- up to 3 pages of previous work
- the preferred method of receiving support material is via URLs (weblinks).
- up to three URLs that link to content that is relevant to your proposal.
- If you cannot supply support material via URLs, you may upload support material to your application as written material (Word and PDF).
Applications close: Tuesday 7 March 2023 at 3pm AEDT
Notification date: late March 2023
Festival dates: Tuesday 16 May to Sunday 21 May
Travel dates: Wednesday 17 May to Sunday 21 May 2023
First Nations Arts and Culture
+61 2 9215 9157
Please note: To apply you must be registered in our application management system a minimum of two business days prior to the closing date.