China Professional Placements: The A.S.K (Art Space for Kids)
About the opportunity
The A.S.K (Art Space for Kids) is China’s leading theatre for children. The A.S.K presents international productions and commissioned works in Shanghai and Beijing, and maintains a robust touring program throughout China.
The A.S.K also incorporates the Academy of Creativity, which offers education programs, workshops and summer camps for children.
Over two months, you will be immersed in the daily operations of The A.S.K. You will also have the opportunity to accompany and assist on tour to second-tier cities.
Applications are open for arts managers, tour managers and producers to apply for a 2020 professional placement at The A.S.K.
Please check the general eligibility requirements on the Australia Council website.
NB: Chinese speakers are encouraged to apply.
Australia Council staff will consider applications according to the selection criteria below and will seek recommendations by industry advisors as needed.
You should address the following in your application.
- Desirable experience and skills:
- arts administration experience, particularly in producing and touring
- experience of and an interest in delivery of education programs
- an understanding of marketing and communications for the performing arts
- interest in theatre for children.
- Impact on career:
- how the proposed activity strengthens your professional practice
- the relevance and timeliness of the proposed activity
- how the proposed activity enables you to discover and develop new markets, or meet existing market demand
- how the proposed activity grows your capacity as an arts professional.
- Suitability for opportunity:
- your ability to work effectively across a range of contexts and cultures
- your approach to challenges and working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
The Australia Council encourages applications from applicants who identify as First Nations, from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people with disability, and people living in regional and remote areas.
The Australia Council’s programs and processes are designed for accessibility and best use by a diverse demographic. We work with individual applicants to find the best approach to accommodating access, childcare, carer and other support needs. Please contact us at least 2 weeks prior to the closing date to discuss your access and support requirements.
- Additional material can be submitted to help support your application, including a CV and letters of support.
- You are not required to submit a budget with your application.
The way Australia Council grants payments are made has changed. Effective immediately, grant recipients will no longer send an invoice for payment of a grant. Instead, after you accept our offer of funding, we will pay your grant into your nominated bank account and send you a Recipient Created Tax Invoice (RCTI).
Important information for administered grants
If you plan to have your grant administered by a third party, applicants will now need to ensure that the administrator is registered on the Australia Council online system before you begin your application. This means you cannot complete or submit an application if your administrator is not registered.
Click on the ‘Apply now’ button at the bottom of this page. Applications must be submitted via the Australia Council’s online system.
Note, applications to International Development funding opportunities do not count as an application to the Australia Council Grants Program.
If you are applying as an organisation, please specify the staff member(s) who will participate in this activity as part of your application. If this changes, please notify us as early as possible as this may affect the status of your application.
Applications are now closed
Applications close: 3 December 2019 (11:59PM AEDT)
Location: Shanghai, China
Role: Arts Management, Production, Touring, Education, Marketing and Communications
Length of placement: 8-10 weeks
Dates: May – June 2020 (exact dates to be confirmed with The A.S.K.)
Grant amount: $12,000
Notification: late-December 2019
To discuss your application, please contact Joanna Bayndrian, International Market Adviser, North Asia on +61 2 9215 9152