CINARS 2022 Biennale
Blood on the Dance Floor by Jacob Boehme. Credit: Dorine Blaise.
About the program
Established in 1984, taking place every two years, CINARS is one of the most important international showcases and networking events attracting over 1900 performing arts professionals from around the globe.
The Australia Council will support a delegation to attend this event. We also welcome any Australian artists and companies attending on a self-funded basis to join the delegation and any related networking activities.
More details on the event can be found on the CINARS website.
Australia Council will support 10 delegates with $4,000 each, towards the cost of travel. These supported delegates will be responsible for all costs associated with attending the market including flights, visas, insurance, accommodation and registration.
Who can apply
- This opportunity is for Australian-based artists and/or producers working independently or within organisations.
Who can’t apply
You can’t apply for this grant if:
- you have an overdue grant report
- you owe money to the Australia Council.
Applicants are required to respond to the following assessment criteria:
- The impact of attendance at CINARS in developing future international opportunities and enhancing international visibility.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the region and market.
- The timeliness of this opportunity and demonstrated ability to plan and deliver on any international outcomes that may arise.
Your application will be reviewed by Australia Council staff and industry advisers against the assessment criteria.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by late September 2022.
No supporting material is required for this application.
Event dates: 7-12 November 2022
Closing date: Tuesday 6 September 2022, 3pm (AEST)
Location: Montreal, Canada
Amount: AUD $4,000
Please note: To apply you must be registered in our application management system a minimum of two business days prior to the closing date.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application and progression to stage two approximately 2 weeks after the closing date.
Celia Coulthard, Global First Nations Producer, International Engagement Development and Strategic Partnerships