1. Check the 3-Step Framework for a COVIDSafe Australia and relevant State/Territory and local government restrictions and requirements.
2. Are there existing artform, venue or sector plans that can guide your decision making?
- Do you have food and beverage or retail space? Don’t forget to look at restrictions and plans for these industries too.
3. Consider what your responsibility is regarding planning and compliance. Does your responsibility intersect with others?
- E.g. a company hiring rehearsal space.
Art form, Venue or Sector Plans
- PAC Australia Guidelines for COVID Safe Theatres (updated) [PDF with summary of changes]
- Live Performance Australia’s Contact Tracing: Summary of Requirements as at 2 July for all jurisdictions in Australia
First Nations arts and culture
Regional and remote
Museums and Galleries
- NSW Museums and Galleries reopening checklist
- Museum & Galleries Queensland – Covid-19 Safety Plan – Resource
Jurisdictions and requirements for business
The Australia Council has been listening to arts and cultural organisations, peak bodies and independent artists about the impacts of COVID-19 and the changes needed to re-ignite arts and cultural activity across the country. As a result, we have produced the following response: Re-activate which supports jurisdictional compliance.
Re-activate – is a practical, user-friendly guide for independent artists and organisations. It outlines how to confidently comply with government guidelines to recommence practice and open doors to welcome audiences, visitors and customers. It complies with the existing requirements of steps 2 and 3 of the Australian Government’s 3-Step Framework for a COVIDSafe Australia.
LEARN MORE LEARN MORE