Expressions of interest are invited from Indigenous and non-Indigenous people and organisations wanting to make a long-term positive impact on the cultural landscape for Indigenous arts.
The Australia Council’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander arts board is calling for new multi-year proposals in the following priority areas:
- Artists in Work – aimed at boosting Indigenous employment in the arts through traineeships, scholarships, employer incentives and general positions in the arts sector
- The Other Side of the Coin – aimed at protecting Indigenous cultural and intellectual property in the arts
- Showcasing the Best – aimed at internationally profiling high-quality art, and creating international opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and their artistic practice.
Your proposals will help shape the cultural landscape for Indigenous arts. We want to achieve the best results for Indigenous artists and Australia’s arts. We will ask you to highlight in your strategic proposal some of the following:
- Visionary, groundbreaking thinking
- Adherence to cultural protocol
- How this will achieve change over time
- Strong business planning
How do I get involved?
Get a copy of the information kit and fill out the expression of interest form and send it to us by Friday 25 May 2007.
Where do I get the information kit and expression of interest form?
Please download the information kit (see link below).
Alternatively, you are welcome to contact us directly:
Telephone: (02) 9215 9371
Send a letter: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Arts, PO Box 788, Strawberry Hills, NSW 2012.
Need to know more?
For more information, please call Kerri McIlvenny, Senior Policy Officer on (02) 9215 9169 or toll free on 1800 226 912.