Australia Council support will help five contemporary music managers break into international markets.
The Australia Council’s ‘track record’ music export development program will provide each manager with $40,000 over two years to develop the international profile of their bands. The funding will support the full spectrum of genres, including roots and reggae, contemporary Indigenous music and indie rock.
The Australia Council’s director of market development Sandra Bender said: ‘Many great Australian contemporary musicians are attracting attention internationally. This investment in our music managers will help push Australian contemporary music further into the spotlight in the global marketplace.’
The ‘track record’ program attracted strong interest from across Australia highlighting the depth and vibrancy of the Australian music scene.
The five ‘track record’ recipients: are:
- Heath Bradby, The Fidelity Corporation (WA) – representing independent rock bands Karnivool, Snowman, The Sunshine Brothers, Downsyde and The Silents
- Mark Grose, Skinnyfish Music (NT) – representing contemporary Indigenous independent musicians/bands Gurrumul, Nabarlek Saltwater Band and B2M
- Carlo Santone, Roots Level (Vic.) – representing the breakthrough blues and roots band, Blue King Brown.
- Troy Barrott, Hub Artist Services (NSW) – representing independent bands Old Man River, Dappled Cities, Megan Washington, The Seabellies, Shelly Harland and The Curse of Company.
- Catherine Haridy, Catherine Haridy Management (Vic.) – representing the highly successful indie rockers Eskimo Joe and Bob Evans.
The Australia Council will also support two major Australian music industry events through its international music buyers program. Q Music Big Sound and Fuse Festival will receive $40,000 each for their 2009 and 2010 events.
The ‘track record’ and international music buyers programs are part of Australia Council’s international music strategy 2008-2011 responding to current global interest and demand in rock/pop and Indigenous music from Australia, as well as the growth of our strong and vibrant live music scene.
02 9215 9008