- The organisation’s new legislation was approved by the Senate.
- Royal assent was obtained and the Australia Council Act 2013 formally commenced on July 1.
- Minister Burke announced the inaugural membership of the new Board of the Australia Council.
- The Board held its first meeting on July 1 where it approved the establishment of new Peer Assessment Panels, the Major Performing Arts Panel and the ATSIA panel.
- The Literature and Visual Arts Peer Assessment Panels met this week and assessed a combined total of approximately 900 applications.
- Funding determinations made by those Panels included the allocation of approximately $400,000 of the additional $15 million provided by the Australian Government in 2013/14 to support unfunded excellence.
“Finally, while we are very fortunate to have artists of rich and diverse backgrounds and experience already represented in our new Peer Assessment Panels, we now have a structure in place that ensures we can expand these Panels so that we get the right peers from across the country assessing the many and diverse applications we receive. ”