You can only submit one application to this closing date for Arts Projects – Organisations.
Only organisations may apply to this category.
Organisations that provide a service to the arts are welcome to apply. International organisations can apply for projects that benefit practicing Australian artists, their work or Australian audiences.
Applications for funding to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander panel must come from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander organisations.
You can’t apply for a grant if:
- you have already submitted an application to this closing date for Arts Projects – Organisations
- you have an overdue grant report
- you owe money to the Australia Council
- you are an individual or group
- you receive funding through the National Performing Arts Partnership Framework
- you will receive multi-year investment via the Four Year Funding program from 2021 to 2024.
We fund a range of activities, for example:
- professional skills development, including mentoring and residencies
- the creation of new work
- practice based research
- creative development
- activities to develop the arts sector
- promotion and marketing
- market development activity
- activities that creatively engage communities.
You can’t apply for the following activity:
- projects or activities that do not involve or benefit Australian practicing artists or arts professionals
- projects or activities that do not have a clearly defined arts component
- projects that have already taken place.
Once you submit your application, we will send you an email acknowledging receipt of your application.
After you submit your application, we first check it meets the eligibility criteria for the grant or opportunity to which you are applying.
Applications to the Australia Council Grant Programs are assessed by arts practice peer panels against the published assessment criteria for the relevant grant program.
We aim to notify you of the outcome of your application no later than 12 weeks after the published closing date for the applicable grant round.
The Australia Council also offers a variety of other grants and opportunities which are not assessed in the same way. Please refer the guidelines for the relevant grant or opportunity to find out how it is assessed.
For FAQ’s relating to the grants model, please click here.
Please contact the Artists Services team.